Cheesy Pasta


Cheesy Pasta
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 8 minutes

1 1/4 c refrigerated reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
1 1/4 c shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
3 c pasta (I used penne)
3 Tbsp light butter
2 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions; omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss with butter and last 4 ingredients.
Place alfredo sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at High for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds, or until thoroughly heated. Remove from microwave, and stir in cheese.
Combine cheese sauce and hot pasta; stir well.

Yield: 5 servings (1 c pasta, 1/4 c cheese sauce)

From Cooking Light Superfast Suppers

Ken's rating: ***1/2
Chalsea's rating: **1/2
I hate alfredo sauce so I don't know why I thought I'd like this. It wasn't terrible, just wasn't my taste. I added some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick.

0 comments: