Baked Chicken Parmesan


Baked Chicken Parmesan

Total Time: 45 minutes

8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
bread crumbs
olive oil
1 24-oz jar of marinara sauce
1 pound sliced fresh mozzarella (I used shredded)

1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dip in beaten egg and then bread crumbs. In batches, cook in olive oil over medium heat until golden.
2. Pour jar of marinara sauce in a large, shallow baking dish; top with the chicken, then mozzarella.
3. Bake at 400 until golden, 25-30 minutes.

Yield: 4 servings

From Real Simple Magazine March 2010

Ken's rating: ****1/2
Chalsea's rating: ***
I like to try to convince myself that I like chicken in marinara sauce. Fact is, I don't. It didn't taste bad, just not my cup of tea.

1 comments:

adam and andrea said...

I love chicken parmesan and this was a great and easy recipe...love it. I've made it twice already.