Quick Beef Lo Mein

Quick Beef Lo Mein

3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp oyster sauce (I skipped this)
1 Tbsp chili paste with garlic (don't skip this!)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
2 tsp dark sesame oil
2 Tbsp peanut oil (I used olive oil for both peanut and sesame oil)
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled & minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 c frozen broccoli florets
1 medium onion, cut in half & thinly sliced
1 lb flank steak, cut into long, thin strips

In a small bowl, mix together first 5 ingredients and set aside.
Combine pasta and sesame oil in a bowl, tossing well to coat.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute ginger, garlic, broccoli and onion for 5 minutes in peanut oil. Add steak and saute for 5 more minutes or until cooked through. (ok, that does not work. It took FOREVER to cook the steak through with all the other stuff in there. I would cook the steak in a different skillet and then add cooked steak to the other skillet for a few minutes so the flavor seep in.)
Add pasta and soy sauce mixture to skillet and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Garnish as desired, then serve.

From Proctor and Gamble coupon book

Ken's rating: ****
Chalsea's rating: ****
I never realize how easy Asian food was! There are some ingredients that I would never use in any other recipe so sometimes I try to find ways to substitute ingredients or skip them, but I do buy the ones with a lot of flavor in them. I'm so pumped that I can cook Asian food at home!

0 comments: