Linguine with Asparagus and Pine Nuts

Linguine with Asparagus and Pine Nuts

Total Time: 25 minutes

12 oz linguine
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c pine nuts
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 c shaved Parmesan cheese (about 3 oz)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain the pasta and return it to the pot
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus mixture to the pasta along with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.

Yield: 4 servings

From Real Simple Magazine April 2010

Ken's Rating: ****
Chalsea's Rating: ***1/2
I did not add the pine nuts. I couldn't find them for less than $8 and I decided that wasn't an expense I wanted for this meal. I'm certain they would have rounded out the flavor more and if I make this again, I'd probably do a bit more hunting to find cheaper ones so I could add them.

1 comments:

JJ Yucatan said...

Chalsea, Why don't you bring Ken down to Mexico and I will turn my kitchen over to you for awhile. I'll even do the shopping. Your food looks delicious.